Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesdays Top Ten- The Musical Artists Who Accompany Me While I Cook

If I had a Reality TV series it would be a Black and White episode of "The Art of Cooking with Stephanie Sheffer" if the space surrounding me was devoid of music.  When I am stirring and sifting, or slicing and dicing ~ it is the musical collaborations and compilations that set the tone for me.  My tastes change from time to time, but here is my list of the artists who will always get me in the cooking groove. I am a lover of music, but I can't always articulate why- I like what I like and that is that- 


1. Jack Johnson - My sister introduced me to Jack almost 8 years ago.  I love to bake cookies to the tune of his voice.  It always makes me happy!



2. Frank Sinatra- He is amazing, period.



3. Dave Matthews - I discovered Dave when I was 15.  I loved him then, I love him now, just the same.



4. My Dear Disco- This is a newer one that I was just recently was introduced to but I Love them!  There could listen to their song "All I Do" over and over.
Go to fullsize image


5. Brett Dennen- He is another new one for me and "She Mine" is my favorite by far.
Go to fullsize image


6.  Maroon 5- Ever since my daughter Lauren sang "This Love has taken its toll on me" at 2 years old from the back seat of my car, I was hooked. 
Go to fullsize image 


7. Michael Buble-  He is a lot like Sinatra to me- He always delivers and gets me dancing in the kitchen.
Go to fullsize image


8.  Jason Mraz-  "Ba da da boo ba da boo da boo da"- Yeah I just like his style- and together we make great a great dinner!
Go to fullsize image


9.  Jem- This is another newer favorite that I am really inspired by.  Her song "Its Amazing" is one I can't stop listening to also!
Go to fullsize image


10.  Ashley MacTavish - She has been my best friend since I was 7 years old.  Her voice is simply amazing, a beautiful gift!  I have a CD of her singing children's songs that she gave to my kids and one of her with the Clarion Band.  Live version of Ash is the BEST but I like to listen to her when I am winding things down in the kitchen- its always a great way to finish the night.