Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Food Lover's Dream Valentine




This has got to be one of the most thoughtful Valentines I have ever received from my family.  I had been out with some girlfriends earlier in the day, while my Handsome Husband Tod took the kids out ice fishing.  I arrived home before they did and went straight to my studying for a big Nutrition class exam I had to take the next day.  About an hour later I went out to the kitchen to get something to drink and noticed this heart shaped box on the table.  Tod and the kids had gone to Oryana (our Local Food Co-op) and filled this box with all kinds of yummy, organic treats.  Dried fruits, nuts, granola and carob chips (my favorite)!  

I guess the reason that this meant so much to me is that it was so wonderful to see my family embrace all the details about food I am so concerned about.  They took a holiday tradition and made it even more special by not only making it healthier, but personal and unique- ultimately highlighting what they know is most important to me!  I feel so special and loved.  This is truly the best Valentine ever!!